I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- If paper does not feed into the sheet feeder, remove the paper and fan the edges to separate the sheets. Reload paper against the right side and slide the edge guide against it. Do not load too many sheets in the sheet feeder at once and make sure the product cover is closed.
- When using the sheet feeder, do not load paper above the arrow mark on the left edge guide. Load only one sheet of compatible paper when using the front manual feed tray.
- Load only one sheet of media in the front manual feed tray in this size: 13 × 19 inches (330 × 483 mm). For poster board, make sure there is enough space behind the product for the media to feed through.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If you can not insert paper easily into the front manual feed tray, make sure the paper is perfectly flat and not curled.
- If you are printing on roll paper or with the sheet feeder, make sure the manual feed tray is not extended. Extend it only to load fine art paper or poster board. Once the media is fed into the product and you see a message on the LCD screen, close the manual feed tray.
- If paper loaded using the front manual feed tray does not feed, make sure you installed the paper correctly and guided it all the way into the product.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure paper is loaded in the correct orientation. Load cut sheets in the sheet feeder vertically.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper dust builds up on the rollers, they may lose traction and become unable to feed paper properly. Clean the paper guide.
- If roll paper does not feed, cut the end straight across and uncurl it by rolling it backward, if necessary. Then reload the paper.
- If thick media does not feed, make sure you are loading it straight into the product, not at an angle.
- Make sure the transportation lock is removed from the front manual feed tray.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not damp, curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper printable side up.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Jam Problems in the Sheet Feeder
Paper Jam Problems in the Front Manual Feed Tray
Paper Jam Problems - Thick Media
Paper Jam Problems - Roll Paper
Paper Ejection Problems
Cut Sheet Media Loading Capacity
Selecting the Paper Settings for Each Source - Control Panel
Selecting the Default Paper Setup Display and Error Notice Settings
Published: Feb 12, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!