How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
If printing becomes slow, try these solutions:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you are using Windows 7, close the Devices and Printers window before you print.
- On a Mac, make sure you download and install the Epson printer driver.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is turned off.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility to free up existing space.
- Close any programs you are not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
For the fastest printing, select the following settings in your product software:
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn on any high speed settings in your product software.
- Select a lower print quality setting.
- Windows: Click the Maintenance or Utility tab, select Extended Settings or Speed and Progress, and select the following settings:
- Always Spool RAW Datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
If printing is still slow and you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, try the following:
- Click and select Computer or My Computer. Double-click the C: drive and open these folders: ProgramData > EPSON > PRINTER.
Note: If you do not see the ProgramData folder, open the Organize menu and select Folder and search options. In the window that appears, click the View tab, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives in the Advanced settings list, and click OK.
- Right-click the EPAUDF01.AUD file and select Delete.
- Restart your computer and try printing again.
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Paper or Media Type Settings - Product Software
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Extended Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac